Chris' "Twin Light" Finnan Haddie Chowder
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large carrot cut into rounds
- 4 stalks celery, stalks and leaves sliced
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 8 oz pkgs Twin Lights Finnan Haddie cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup corn
- 1 stick butter
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 8 oz fillet of fresh haddock optional
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large stock pot cook bacon till rendered, add celery, carrot, onion, garlic and butter. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add chicken stock and 1 cup of water. Add herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, add potatoes and corn. Continue to cook until potatoes are soft. Add finnan haddie. If using additional fresh haddock add whole fillet (it will break apart as you stir it). Slowly simmer for 5 minutes and add heavy cream.