Chef Josh's Homemade Dill Seed & Thyme Oyster Crackers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter cold, box grated into shreds
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Season salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375f degrees.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Add the dill seed and thyme.
- Add the shredded butter and use a pastry cutter mix in (like you are making pie dough.)
- Add water and gently mix the dough until it comes together into a ball. Do not over mix.
- Allow the cracker dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, roll dough to about ⅛ inch thick
- Stitch out the dough using a small circle cutter and place the raw crackers onto a cookie sheet pan with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until crackers for 10 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the crackers inside to cool and continue to crisp, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy by themselves or in your favorite soup or stew!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!