Branzini with Caper Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Four ~ 1 lb whole branzini scaled and gutted
- 1 lemon sliced into 8 rounds
- 4 large rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a medium bowl, mix butter with capers, lemon juice and parsley and season with salt. Hold at room temperature.
- Season branzini cavities with salt and stuff 2 lemon rounds and 1 rosemary sprig in each. Season fish with salt.
- In a large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil until shimmering. Add 2 branzini and cook over high heat until branzini skin is browned and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining 2.
- Transfer fish to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast fish in the oven for about 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Serve whole, passing caper butter at the table.
Food & Wine, March 2008
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!