- 1 tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2-1 tsp cayenne to heat preference
- 2 lbs sheepshead fillet
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- sliced scallions for garnish
- lemon wedges for serving
- In a small bowl whisk together the sweet paprika, black pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, salt and cayenne.
- Pat the fish fillets dry, then sprinkle enough seasoning over both sides of the fillets to completely coat. Reserve remaining seasoning for another use. Allow the fish to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet with olive oil and butter over medium-high. Add the fish fillets, and cook until the spices are darkened and aromatic, and the fish flakes easily with a fork, 2-4 minutes per side. Garnish and serve with lemon wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!