Black Sea Bass Fillets Provencal Style
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks
- 1 cup peeled and chopped fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fennel or celery
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fish broth or bottled clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoon sprigs fresh thyme or 1dried
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Ricard or other anise-flavored liqueur
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 fillets black sea bass fillets with skin on about a 1/2 lb each
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, and add the onion, garlic, leeks, tomatoes, fennel or celery, and turmeric.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, fish broth or clam juice, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne pepper, Ricard, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Put the fillets in a skillet large enough to hold them in one layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the bay leaf and pour the mixture evenly over the fish.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.