Black Pasta Puttanesca
- 1 Stick of The Daily Catch Puttanesca Butter available in our Scarborough store
- 1/2 lb of The Daily Catch Fresh Black Pasta or any dry pasta, available in our Scarborough store
- 1/4 cup fresh Roma tomato hand crushed
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Green Pepper julienne
- 1/4 cup of Red Onion julienne
- 1/4 cup of Mushrooms chopped
- Olive Oil for Sauté
- Splash of white cooking wine dry white is best
- Salt pepper & red pepper flakes to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Grated Cheese for serving
- Bring 5 cups of salted water to a boil and cook The Daily Catch Black Pasta for 3-4 minutes until al dente.
- Meanwhile, coat the bottom of a sauté pan with a thin layer of olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic, peppers, onions, mushroom, and spices and cook until softened (if you are using fresh tomatoes, add them now).
- Once the garlic turns golden, deglaze the pan with white wine. Add tomato and cook until a simmer. Turn your heat to low, add The Daily Catch Puttanesca Butter and mix until melted and incorporated.
- Strain pasta and toss in the sauce. Sprinkle parsley and Romano and serve
- If you are feeling fancy, pan sear or grill scallops or shrimp to put on top!
https://shop.thedailycatch.com/blogs/recipes/black-pasta-puttanesca-recipe Recipe and photo by The Daily Catch, Boston, MA
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!