Better Than Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium-large fresh shrimp peeled
- 1 bag succotash I don’t thaw and use straight from the freezer
- 2to 3 garlic cloves finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked rice (I use white long-grain or brown may be substituted. To save time use two 8.8-ounce pouches cooked and ready-to-serve rice
- 1 leek chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- To a large non-stick skillet or wok, add the oils, shrimp, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cooking time will vary based on size of shrimp, don’t overcook. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon (allow oils and cooking juices to remain in skillet) and place shrimp on a plate; set aside.
- Add the succotash and cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften, stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and cook for 1 minute, stir intermittently.
- Push vegetables to one side of the skillet, add the eggs to the other side, and cook to scramble, stirring as necessary.
- Add the shrimp, rice, chopped leek, evenly drizzle with soy sauce, evenly season with salt, and stir to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until shrimp is reheated through. Recipe is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Reheat gently as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!