Baked Stuffed Lobster
- 2 live lobsters 1.5 pounds each
- 1 cup fresh Maine, lobster meat cooked
- 1 8 oz cup crabmeat
- 1 stick butter salted
- 1 sleeve ritz crackers
- 1 tsp lobster base
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cups parsley chopped
- This dish has long been a favorite of restaurants up and down the New England coast. Obviously, it’s impossbile to do this without whole live lobster. This seems a good time to point out that Harbor Fish Market can ship lobsters to you if you can’t get them where you live. It’s best to use female lobsters, because their tails have a wider diameter, making it easier to fit more stuffing in the tail. If you prefer to pick your own lobster meat for stuffing in the tail, we sell one-claw lobsters (or culls) that you can steam and pick, usually at a lower cost than fresh lobster meat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- First, split the lobsters, removing the intestinal sack and the intestinal vein that runs down the tail. Split the body shell and the tail shell to keep it from curling up. Save the green tomalley and set aside. Place the split lobsters on a baking sheet. Melt the stick of butter and keep warm.
- Chop the cooked lobster meat into bite-sized chunks. Put the Ritz crackers into a large bag and crush into fine crumbs. Add the lobster base to the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine your chopped lobster meat, crabmeat, tomalley, egg, salt, pepper, parsley, and most of the crackers for topping the finished lobster. Blend together well and spoon onto the split lobsters. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, then serve.
- ***THIS RECIPE IS FOUND IN OUR VERY OWN HARBOR FISH MARKET: SEAFOOD RECIPES FROM MAINE COOKBOOK! TO PURCHASE, VISIT OUR WEBSITE, WWW.HARBORFISH.COM/***
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!