Baked Oysters: Chowder in a Shell
- 1/2 cup onion small dice
- 1/2 cup leek small dice
- 1/2 cup celery small dice
- 1/2 cup dry wine
- 1-1/2 cups cream
- 1 tbsp fennel seed toasted and ground
- fork crushed potato
- bread crumbs
- chopped bacon reserve bacon fat for cooking the vegetables
- chives chopped finely
- Sweat the vegetables till crisp/tender in the bacon fat. Add wine and reduce till dry. Add the cream and reduce. add the salt and fennel seed, stir until completely incorporated.
- To assemble: oyster, 1⁄2 teaspoon potato, 1 tablespoon chowder cream, bacon, breadcrumbs, bake at 450°F for 5 minutes. Garnish oysters with freshly chopped chives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!