Baked Haddock with Crabmeat Stuffing
- 2 lbs haddock fillet, approx. same size
- 1 1/2 cups flaked crabmeat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup tart apple, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp green pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp pimento, minced
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 lime or lemon, sliced, for garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place one fillet in a pan.
- In bowl, mix together crabmeat, celery, apple, green pepper, pimento, bread crumbs and the egg. Place stuffing and place on top of fillet, take the other fillet and place on top of the stuffing.
- Brush with melted butter and bake for about 30 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Garnish with parsley and sliced lime/lemon.
Vintage Harbor Fish Market recipe from the Alfiero family archives, circa 1981.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!