Baked Haddock with Crabmeat Stuffing
- 2 lbs haddock fillet, approx. same size
- 1 1/2 cups flaked crabmeat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup tart apple, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp green pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp pimento, minced
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 lime or lemon, sliced, for garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place half of the haddock fillets in a pan.
- In bowl, mix together crabmeat, celery, apple, green pepper, pimento, bread crumbs and the egg. Place the mixture on top of fillets in the pan, take the other half of the fillets and place on top of the stuffing (sandwich style).
- Brush with melted butter and bake for about 30 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Garnish with parsley and sliced lime/lemon.