Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Maple Cream Sauce
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 8 day boat scallops
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 oz port or red wine
- 1/4-1/2 cup Hilltop Boiler's maple syrup This Maine-made syrup is INCREDIBLE!
- 5 mixed baby greens
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until the bacon is almost cooked but soft. Remove the bacon from the pan and place the strips on paper towel. Drain excess fat from the pan, leaving some for the cream sauce and set aside.
- Wrap each scallop in a slice of bacon, secure it with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook scallops in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until the bacon edges turn crispy, taking care not to overcook the scallops.
- Reheat the frying pan over high heat. When hot, deglaze with the port. Reduce the liquid. Add the maple syrup and reduce liquid further. Add the cream and reduce heat to medium. Add salt and pepper to taste. The cream may occasionally bubble, but don’t allow it to reach a full simmer. Continue heating until the cream thickens.
- Place 2 cooked scallops on each plate with a bit of arugula. Generously drizzle the sauce over the scallops and arugula.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!