- 2 lbs salt cod cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup olive il
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups hot & sweet vinegar peppers
- 2 tbsps parlsey chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Soak cod in cold water for 2 to 3 days, refrigerated, changing water regularly.
- In large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil, add cod and cook until fish breaks off easily. Strain and cool. After it cools, remove skin and bones, if there are any, and break into bite size pieces. In medium saute pan heat oil and saute garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, add cod, pour oil and garlic over, add lemon juice, peppers, olives, capers, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Place on serving platter and serve at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!