Spicy Honey Broiled Sockeye Salmon
- 1 wild Alaska sockeye salmon fillet about 1 lb
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic whole smashed
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey
- chopped cilantro for serving
- lime wedges for serving
- Pat the salmon dry and place it on a foil-lined baking sheet. Season the fillet generously with salt. Set the broiler to high.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic, Sriracha sauce and honey, cooking 2 minutes until melted together and fragrant. Remove from heat and remove garlic pieces from sauce. Drizzle half of the Sriracha honey butter over the salmon side to evenly coat, reserving the rest of the butter for serving.
- Place the salmon in the oven on the middle-upper rack (about 6 inches from the heat source).
- Broil the salmon, keeping a close eye on it, until cooked to medium in the center, about 6 minutes.
- Serve the salmon promptly with cilantro, lime wedges, and an additional drizzle of honey sriracha butter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!