- 12-16 top neck, hard-shell clams, open on 1/2 shell
- 2 tbsp plain breadcrumbs
- a small amount of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf-parsley, chopped
- black pepper to taste
- small amount of olive oil
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450.
- On a flat baking sheet, take a large sheet of aluminum foil, crumple it up, and then pull it apart and spread it onto the baking sheet. Allow the foil to stay a little crumpled. (This will enable the clams to sit upright.)
- Nest each opened clam on the pan, being careful to keep level in order to reserve the liquid.
- Sprinkle some breadcrumbs on each clam; enough to coat each, then season each with the Parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, parsley, and black pepper. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil onto each clam. Bake about 20 minutes. To finish, put the clams under the broiler for about 30-45 seconds. Serve with lemon wedges.