Kibbeling with Garlic Sauce (Dutch Fried Fish)
FOR THE GARLIC SAUCE
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 3/4 natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
FOR THE KIBBELING
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 lbs cod filet
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 egg medium
- 1 cup flour
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 lemon
- Peel the garlic and put into food processor to chop finely. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry, remove the stalks and put the leaves into the blender jug with the garlic, blend for 8 seconds until finely chopped. Then use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the crème fraîche, natural yoghurt, mustard, white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper to the food processor, stir for 30 seconds/low speed. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir for 10 seconds/low speed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the paprika powder, garlic powder, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Rinse the cod fillets under cold running water, pat dry and cut into 5 2 inch pieces. Coat the fish in the spice mixture.
- Put the chilled milk, the egg, flour and 1 teaspoon of salt into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 20 seconds/low speed. Pour this batter into the bowl with the fish and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large pan . Carefully deep-fry the pieces of cod in several batches in the oil until golden. Then lift them carefully out of the pan using a slotted spoon and allow to drain on kitchen paper. Wash the lemon under hot water, pat dry and cut into quarters.
- Serve the kibbeling with the garlic sauce and a lemon wedge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!