Sunday Morning Fish Hash
- leftover haddock or any other leftover fish
- 2 russet potatoes scrubbed and diced
- 7 tablespoons casco bay butter
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- In a medium skillet, melt 7 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the potatoes, bell peppers, and onions. cook until potatoes are soft and golden brown.
- While potatoes are cooking, cook desired amount of eggs, sunny side up (or poached!) in a bit of butter.
- Toss haddock into potato mixture and mash haddock until incorporated and hot. This melds all the flavors together.
- Put fish hash on plate. Top with eggs. Dig in!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Yummy! Added old bay spice. Hubby loved it
Delicious. We had a lot of cod, so I served it without eggs, for dinner. My husband loved it. You need all that butter to prevent sticking, and what bubbles up is absorbed when you add the fish. So simple, and so good.
So glad you enjoyed it!