Quinoa Seafood Paella
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Spanish saffron threads
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes 10oz
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb calamari rings and tentacles
- 3 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and saffron to the skillet, stirring until well mixed. Add the quinoa, broth, tomatoes, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender about 20 minutes.
- Tuck the shrimp and calamari into the quinoa mixture. Cover and cook until the shrimp and calamari are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!