Macadamia Nut-crusted Opah
- 4 6-8 ounce opah fillets
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- Lemon-Butter Wine Sauce:
- 1/4 cup dry wine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Chives
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. Combine crust ingredients; coat fillets with mixture.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté fillets until golden brown, about 4 minutes on both sides. Serves 4.
- To make sauce: Heat wine, onion, parsley, chives and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Cook until reduces to half. Add heavy cream; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, a little at a time. Add salt, capers and remaining lemon juice. Makes about 1 cup. Serve alongside fish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!