Lobster Fra Diablo
- 4 1 1/8 live lobsters
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, more if you like heat
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- Split the lobsters lengthwise down the middle. Cut the tail in two or three pieces, the carcass cut in half again, the claws cracked. Remove the sack near the eyes, reserve tomalley and coral, if any.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add lobster pieces, season with salt and pepper and saute, stirring frequently, for a few minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and wine, stir and cook until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add all other ingredients, stir, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked thin spaghetti, sprinkled with grated cheese, fresh chopped parsley.
Vintage Harbor Fish Market recipe, circa 1980
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!