Fried Lobster Tails with Sweet Corn Waffles and Maine Maple Syrup
- 6 lobster tails fresh, uncooked
- canola oil for frying
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- maine maple syrup Dunn's Family Maple is INCREDIBLE!
- Prepare the cornbread waffles as directed on box.
- Prepare the lobster: Remove shell completely around lobster tail meat, leaving fins on. Pour canola oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a pot; heat oil over medium to 325°F. Stir together flour, salt, and both peppers in a medium bowl. Dip lobster tails in beaten eggs; dredge in flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Cook in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side. Place fried lobster tail on a waffle, and serve with Maine Maple Syrup.