"Died and Gone to Heaven" Baked Stuffed Lobster (Five Island's Style)
- 6 1 1/4 live lobsters plus 1/2 lb lobster meat
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 lb crabmeat
- 1/2 lb scallops, cut into pieces
- 35 Ritz crackers
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- pepper to taste
- Cook lobsters in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Saute shrimp in butter. Add lobster meat, crab and scallops and heat through.
- Mix in cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Turn lobsters on their backs, insert knife at head of each and quickly split from head to tail. Spread open and remove small hard sac just below head by hooking finger under it. Stuff lobsters and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake on rimmed cookie sheet in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Recipe from vintage Portland Press Herald article.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!