Food Network: Giada De Laurentiis
Creamy Lobster Linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 3 shallots minced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1 cup baby arugula roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- Two 1 1/2-pound lobsters steamed, meat removed
- Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and bacon and cook until the bacon is beginning to crisp, 8 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the salt, tomato puree and cream; stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine for 1 minute less than the package instructions, about 10 minutes. Using tongs, remove the pasta from the water and add it directly to the pan with the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese directly on the naked pasta and toss to coat in sauce. Add up to 1 cup of the pasta water to loosen the sauce as needed. Stir in the arugula, basil, tarragon, peas and lobster meat; simmer until everything is heated through, 1 minute. Serve with additional Parmesan if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!