Caribbean Stuffed Red Snapper
- 4 1 pound whole red snapper scaled and gutted
- 1 lime quartered
- salt for rubbing the fish
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 stick
- 4 tablespoons Chopped Chives
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small lime zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet marjoram
- Wash the fish and rub inside and out with the quartered lime and salt. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Wipe off the lime juice and salt. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F or prepare the barbeque grill.
- Combine all the stuffing ingredients and divide and fill the cavity of each snapper. Bake or grill the fish until the flesh is opaque, allowing about 10 minutes per pound. Do not overcook.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!